[Az-Geocaching] Missing Magellan cache!

Gale Draper listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 9 Aug 2003 17:54:15 -0700 (PDT)

--0-204142163-1060476855=:64660

There's some good geocaching PR. That'll make our lives here so much easier.

By the way, what was supposed to happen to the chest after the coupons were gone? I debated it back and forth about getting it and wondered if someone else would take it. The chest (as seen on TV) was, in my opinion, a prize worth having.

For the record, I did not take it. I'm still at home, babysitting the dog and doing housework.

RAND HARDIN <RHrdn8@msn.com> wrote:
I read this morning that the Magellan cache is missing.  I can't help but wonder if the cache location is actually considered part of the Preserve!?  I did see a sign posted at the end of the road (a few hundred feet north of the cache site) indicating the boundary for the McDowell Mountain Preserve.  I wonder if the Park Rangers had monitored the web site and confiscated the cache after the coordinates were released?

RandMan

Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes
  On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:
"Something hidden.  Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --
  "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"

Rudyard Kipling ,   The Explorer  1898

--0-204142163-1060476855=:64660

<DIV>There's some good geocaching PR. That'll make our lives here so much easier.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>By the way, what was supposed to happen to the chest after the coupons were gone? I debated it back and forth about getting it and wondered if someone else would take it. The chest (as seen on TV) was, in my opinion, a prize worth having.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>For the record, I did not take it. I'm still at home, babysitting the dog and doing housework.<BR><BR><B><I>RAND HARDIN &lt;RHrdn8@msn.com&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid; WIDTH: 100%">
<DIV>I read this morning that the <STRONG>Magellan</STRONG> cache is missing.&nbsp; I can't help but wonder if the cache location&nbsp;is actually considered part of the Preserve!?&nbsp; I did see a sign posted at the end of the road (a few hundred feet north of the cache site)&nbsp;indicating the boundary for the McDowell Mountain Preserve.&nbsp; I wonder if the Park Rangers had monitored the web site and confiscated the cache after the coordinates were released?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>RandMan<BR><BR></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR><BR><DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Till a voice, as bad as Conscience, rang interminable changes<BR>&nbsp; On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated -- so:<BR>"Something hidden.&nbsp; Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges --<BR>&nbsp; "Something lost behind the Ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#6633cc>Rudyard Kipling&nbsp;,&nbsp;&nbsp; The Explorer&nbsp; 1898</FONT></DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-204142163-1060476855=:64660--