[Az-Geocaching] Schnebly Rd

Bill Burkett listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:56:03 -0700

We went down it last spring in our RAV4, Dan.  4WD, but not great ground
clearance.  The road was quite rough and rocky, but only a couple spots
required really careful driving.  Your 2WD truck should do great.

Also, I'd recommend driving down, into Sedona, rather than up, toward I-17.
Going down, all the beauty is in front of you and you go from views that are
well above the scenery, down into it, and end up in the valley.

It's a great drive!

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]  On Behalf Of Koch,
Dan
Sent:	Wednesday, October 30, 2002 11:44 AM
To:	'listserv@azgeocaching.com'
Subject:	RE: [Az-Geocaching] Schnebly Rd

A del Sol?!?  Now that was an adventure, I'm sure!  Well, I guess that
answers my question of whether a 2WD truck could make it.  Looks like just
about anything can make it with enough patience...and cajones!

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: Chelby Geiss [mailto:chelby@desertsol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 11:32 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Schnebly Rd

A passenger car can make it down Shnebly...If you're insane...I mean
adventurous!
I actually took my del Sol down it a couple years ago.  This was before
I put the racing suspension on (now I barely make it over speed
bumps)...and I did it on a dare:)  Had a friend with his head out
spotting the "oilpan crushing rocks."  The Pink Jeep people gave us all
sorts of crazy looks:)
But I often see rental cars going up and down it.

Yes, I would call ahead and see if it is closed yet for the winter.
Kev and I often take the dogs camping off Schnebly about 5 miles from
I-17.

Someday we will have the proper vehicle to drive down that road!
Team desertSol
Chelby & Kevin
+
Kiva and Lancer (German Shepherds)