[Az-Geocaching] Very disturbing......

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:50:43 -0700

At 05:21 PM 10/28/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>I had two cache find logs removed by the cache owner. These two caches are
>'Urban Forest' and 'Horse Feathers'. GC999F and GC941A respectively.
>These caches were hidden and owned by Team Cache Ya Later.

As a team that has had a log entry deleted by a cache owner, somewhat
rudely, I can really appreciate your frustration.

As you know from our chatting about this on the chatroom, I think you did
the right thing.  Perhaps a private message would have been a good idea,
but I don't think that would have been a substitute for the archival note
in your log.

Remember, that note does not archive the cache, it just notifies other
cachers that there might be a problem with that cache.  If you would have
just gone with a private message, then the next un-suspecting cacher might
have very well gone for that cache.  At the least they would give caching a
black eye, at the worst could have gotten arrested.

I would go ahead and re-log your finds on the two caches that have
deleted.  The worst that can happen is that this person will delete them
again.  If that happens, then we all know what sort of cacher this person is.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache