[Az-Geocaching] Congratulations to the Anaheim Angels, 2002 World Series Champions

Sun, 27 Oct 2002 22:43:15 -0800 (PST)

--0-261778479-1035787395=:6262

Hello Geocachers,

With the Anaheim Angels' victory over the San Francisco Giants in tonight's seventh game of the World Series, I had to again update the name and description of the cache near the Angels' spring training headquarters in Tempe.  In honor of the Angels' championship victory, the cache is now called Angels Spring Training World Championship Edition.

Proir to this year, the Angels completed 41 years of major league baseball without ever winning a post-season series.  However, never before any of these 41 seasons was a geocache placed near the team's spring training headquarters.  Prior to the start of this season, I placed a geocache near the Angels' spring training headquarters, and the team went all the way to the World Series Championship.  Is this a coincidence, or was the cache the thing that brought the team good fortune this year?

Congratulations to the Angels for winning the Championship, and also congratulations to the Giants for winning the National League Championship and for fighting to the end of a great seven-game World Series.

Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)

--0-261778479-1035787395=:6262

<P>Hello Geocachers,<BR><BR>With the Anaheim Angels' victory over the San Francisco Giants in tonight's seventh game of the World Series, I had to again update the name and description of the cache near the Angels' spring training headquarters in Tempe.&nbsp; In honor of the Angels' championship victory, the cache is now called <A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=15511">Angels Spring Training World Championship Edition</A>.<BR><BR>Proir to this year, the Angels completed 41 years of major league baseball without ever winning a post-season series.&nbsp; However, never before any of these 41 seasons was a geocache placed near the team's spring training headquarters.&nbsp; Prior to the start of this season, I placed a geocache near the Angels' spring training headquarters, and the team went all the way to the World Series Championship.&nbsp; Is this a coincidence, or was the cache the thing that brought the team good fortune this year?</P>
<P>Congratulations to the Angels for winning the Championship, and also congratulations to the Giants for winning the National League Championship and for fighting to the end of a great seven-game World Series.</P>
<P>Ken Akerman (a.k.a. Highpointer)</P>
--0-261778479-1035787395=:6262--