[Az-Geocaching] New monthly record?

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:17:33 -0800

Howdy All,

First.. to reply to Trisha's post... Thanks! But, Loran (Team Sand Dollar)
is the one that deserves the thanks! He is the one that just walked all over
Team Ropingthewind's 'old' record! That is alot of cache finds in a month
and I just thought that Team SD's effort should be known. Awsome job Loran!
I would have liked to have held onto the record a little longer.. but,
hey... so goes geocaching! :) Congrats again bud!

Also... we do plan to hide our first cache soon. I feel after over 140 cache
finds we definetly should do our part soon to hide one. But, we will have to
be patient to get the right situation to arise to be able to hide our first
cache right were we want to hide it. There are several places we have seen
that we would like to put a cache. But, There is a special place we want to
put our first cache. You can only hide a first hidden cache once! So, we
want it to be special. That is all I am saying about that! :) I am not even
positive that this cache can be hidden as we plan. But, we are starting to
look at the logistics of it and seeing if it is indeed realistic. If not, we
will plant one somewhere else! :) :) :)

Now.. on to other things!

As yall now know.. I love competition and I love stats and records.. but, as
I mentioned in an earlier post... we have reached our goals of grabbing
certain records in geocaching and that now we just plan to go at it for fun
and adventure. Those records will be beat (and one already has), but, doesnt
matter. We set a goal and we got it. Now, we want to be able to enjoy the
time at each cache location that holds some nice 'scenic' value and be able
to do some additional exploring in these areas and truly see and appreciate
what Arizona is all about. Before, it was log in and move on. Now, we will
enjoy it more.

This morning was a perfect example... I went out to Saguaro Lake and went
for the 'Choose Your Access Cache'. What an absolutely spectacular hike! The
views were incredible. The temperatures were just right and the hike was
wonderfully pleasant. I truly enjoyed this one. I wish my teammate(s) could
have enjoyed this one too. I guess we will have to go hike that trail again
sometime in the future. There is a trail that starts at the recreation area
there and winds it's way along and just above the shoreline of the lake. The
entire length of the trail, from the start to the cache location, had
fascinating views to be had at every turn in the path. It is probably a good
2 mile hike or so by the way the trail goes (although, only .7 mile from the
parking lot!). But, it was a very pleasant and enjoyable hike. I cant say I
have ever enjoyed finding a cache as much as this one. What a wonderful
morning. The trail keeps going well past the cache site. I followed it for
probably a half mile more or so and turned back. I will have to go back
someday and explore it some more. That was awsome! I was only the 2nd log in
the logbook. For a weekday, there sure was alot of hikers on that trail
though! But, no one anywhere's near the cache site. I recommend that cache
to everyone. What a wonderful hike with some really awsome views! And you
don't necessarily need a boat to get to it!

I cant beleive I was THAT close to the other cache in the area and couldnt
get to it though! :)

Scott
Team Ropingthewind