[Az-Geocaching] R.I.P. cache

Baja Fleg listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:22:33 -0700

Larry I'm guessing that the cache is either located at the old steel train
bridge or the old Red Mountain Mine.  If was a betting man I would bet on
the bridge though.  At 1.42 miles southwest from the Florence Coke Ovens and
because you can just make it out in the background of the picture.  My
second guess being the mine is a long shot, I don't even know if it still
exists.  Located about 2.35 miles north east it fits the 2.5 mile clue but
is located behind where the picture was taken.  Also isn't Martinez Cabin
and mine located near by, I thought a little farther then the 2.5 miles so
they didn't make my list.  By the time Team TJ makes it back to Phoenix this
April in the Jeep we should be sporting a front lockrite locker and 3.5"
superflex RE lift so exploring around the ovens should be fun even if
someone has already found the cache!!  Maybe this could be one of your
future cache sites but did you know that about 23 miles southeast of
Florence at N32° 49.495' W111° 4.273' is COYOTE Peak and right next door at
N32° 49.644' W111° 3.109' is COYOTE ranch.  hhmm kind of gets the wheels
turning doesn't it.

Michael
Team TJ