[Az-Geocaching] Most Frustrating Cache

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 19:16:12 -0700 (MST)

> A quick, informal survey of something I'm curious about.  What stands
> out in your mind as the most frustrating cache you've encountered?
> Whether it was difficult to find, you were wounded on the expedition,
> or maybe Wyle E beat you to First Find by 10 minutes... what was the
> cache and what made it so annoying?

Thats an easy one.... "Rim RR Depot" by far....

Not only did I almost fall off he edge of the rim, but when we finally got
there the cache was nowhere to be found and we has to give up.  Later it
was found by accident in a location that was nowhere near the coordinates.

This cache can be quite dangerous to actually get to unless you notice the
trail that leads to the landmark that the cache is named after.  In Team
Snapteks case we decided to make a bonsai for it and took the direct
route.  It is possible to straight for it, but you need to take the
slightly longer route which is a lot less steep and slippery, but it's
still steep enough that if you lost your step and started to fall, you
probably wouldn't stop.

Anyway, with the canyon causeing innacuracies and the angle of the incline
the cache is on also magnifying the distance that you have to cover to
look for it, and in my opinion having the coordinates wrong in the first
place.....  ok I'm rambling now due to the bad memories.

The only thing that made this cache less of a nightmare was having
actually found it.... *sortof... and having found it would a group of good
people.

* I never physically touched the cache, and has it logged by proxy.  I
could see where the cache was and watched everyone log it, but I was so
exhaused from having gone the cache twice in a row that I just didn't
think that I was going to be able to make it to the cache and then back
out of the canyon alive :)

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek