[Az-Geocaching] What do you think of this idea?

Baja Fleg az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:12:53 -0700

Tell me about it.  That locutus thing really got to me when I was in Austin.
  Story goes I went searching for it on a multi-stage cache that I really
didn't have time to complete and did't know the area well enough to do but
spent a week of my three week business trip/geocaching trip figuring it out
just so I could get this travel thing and bring it back to Phoenix in
February.  Well I finally solved this multi-stager only to find the stupid
thing was gone and had been gove for TWO WEEKS!!!  The nice people who moved
it didn't log it on the geocaching.com website, they only put it in the log
book.  Because I usually don't read all the logs in the log books I didn't
know that until I got a nasty email from them in response to the MIA post
that I put on the Locutus cache page.  Now it looks like it made it to
Phoenix after all only to have the same thing happen.
These traveling caches and travel bugs with there own pages only work if the
people log them when they find them.  If people wait and log them when they
feel like it then people like me (who lets people know what I think of them
when I get nasty emails) gets a little upset  ;).  If people find these
things they should respect the other cachers that might go looking for it
enough that they post that they have taken them or re-hid them ASAP, no
exceptions.

Michael
Team TJ