[Az-Geocaching] What do you think of this idea?

Baja Fleg az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:02:40 -0700

No offence Libby but I think yours didn't go the way you wanted it to
because you set a specific distance limit on how far you could move it.  1
mile if I remember correctly.  That makes things a little difficult for
people who don't know the area.  We just moved a traveling cache like the
one described from Albuquerque to Austin, TX.  The original cache hiders
were nice enough to place a pad of paper in the cache and some tape so when
you did move the container you would put a piece of tape at the cache
location and the nearest logical access point saying that the cache was
gone.  That reminds me I need to remove those papers tomorrow.  Anyway, I
think that cache is still going, it was called "Impress Me" cache or
something like that.  Most of the people who find it do not move it.  I
think he has set a distance limit on his also but you have to move it over
100 miles instead of under 1 mile.  That makes it a little easier to find
hiding places for the people who do move it and when it does move its
usually a state or two.  Also the people who find it don't feel like that
have to move it.  By the way, how is your buggy??  I never did hear back
from you about it.

Michael
www.bajabug.8m.com