[Az-Geocaching] changes at geocaching.com

Koch, Dan az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 09:07:36 -0700

The way I look at it is to compare it to other forms of entertainment...well
at least to ones that you have to pay for :)  Thirty bucks gets me into four
movies, one hockey game (decent seats), etc.  When I consider the added
costs of other family members/friends going with me to these other events,
the costs skyrocket quickly.  With geocaching, they get to come along
without any extra costs.

I've had more fun geocaching in one weekend (see the logs of my February 23
central Arizona run) than I've had at any four movies in years (hockey's a
different story ;)).  Geocaching has gotten me out hiking South Mountain
(several times), the San Tans, and the McDowells.  It's introduced me to
many different areas of the Phoenix valley that I would have never known
existed.  That's why I've already paid my $30.

On a related note, I'd like to thank all of you fellow geocachers who have
placed these caches that I so enjoy finding.

And another thanks goes out to Team Snaptek for their efforts on
geocaching.snaptek.com.  I'm starting to make a run to get on the first page
of team stats (I'm currently number 31 and religated to the second page).

Team LazyK - Dan