[Az-Geocaching] Libby's caches

Baja Fleg az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 14:01:12 -0700

Maybe removing cache logs is justified to you Trisha, not everyone else.
Also a person could look at a cache as abandoned property if found by
someone that doesn't know what it, removing it then would not be illegal,
but its obvious that a geocachere is doing this and they know what they are
doing and legal or not that is just wrong.

Michael
Team TJ

----Original Message Follows----
I just read Libby's note on her recently archived "T-Bird" cache. She, very
reasonably from a note or mail she received, suspects that a local geocacher
is deliberately removing her caches. I don't know the circumstances about
her supposedly deleting logs (often that is justified) but removing
someone's caches is not only THEFT of property (illegal), but it is only
done by someone who is a coward, immature, and obviously has the morals and
values and character of a toadstool.

Libby, I have enjoyed several of your caches and appreciate how many you
have contributed to the caching community. I am sorry they did this to you.
If you know who it is, would you please let me, and perhaps the list-serve,
know, so we can be informed and perhaps the slime who did this will realize
that their behavior is despicable.

Anyone else have any comments?

Libby, please email me directly so I can talk to you about something.....

thanks,
Trisha  aka "Lightning"
radley@cableone.net

Also, if this cache stealing continues, I have several ideas for catching
the thief in the act. It maybe petty theft based upon dollar value, but the
police can still charge them with a crime.