[Az-Geocaching] More land unavailable.

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 29 Jun 2002 13:18:26 -0700

Darren, thanks for the info.

To all: I need some help here. What is the relationship, and who has the
overriding jurisdiction, between the BLM and the USFS? My specific
reason for asking is that I read this web page as saying
(simplistically), "If it's east of the line formed by I-10, Highway 60
and Highway 93, it's closed". But as I write this, the Forest Service
Web site http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/fire/ still points to a Tonto NF
document dated May 20. That document shows, among other exceptions, that
Tonto west of the Verde
River is still open. So who's right?

I'm not trying to finger-point or anything. I really don't understand
the jurisdictional hierarchy. I'm surprised if any public land remains
open, but I want to understand whether it really is open.

TIA.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena

 http://www.az.blm.gov/fire_closed.htm

This is going to be a reallllllyyyy long summer.....

Darren
Team Imperial Eagle