[Az-Geocaching] My first cache placement! and other adventures...

Mak Smith listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 13:30:29 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday (for the first time in about a month), I
finally got a chance to get out and do some caching in
the morning (before it got really hot). Pyro By Nature
came along with me and we left at 6:30 in the morning.

BTW, I've got a few things to say about Pyro By
Nature. I haven't had the chance to get to reading
this mailing list in a while as well. Well, it came to
my attention that he left an extremely rude log for
Valley View. Well, I apologize to Meteor Maniacs on
his behalf for doing so and I guess he was just mad at
what had happened to him (on a side note: he is a
little immature and not very good at spelling :), I
would like to consider omniterranaut and myself the
mature people of the group and I will tell Pyro By
Nature to remove his inappropriate comment on his
profile, but I think he is still a bit peeved about
what happened at Valley View. He still is a very nice
guy, but just a little on the crazy side ;) ). I will
also tell him not be so rude in future logs, and I
hope that things will continue to run smoothly in the
world of geocaching.

Anyways, back to our day of caching. It was filled
with lots of good luck and bad luck.  We first went to
Wednesday Equals Geeks and had good idea of where it
would be hidden, just kinda walked right up to it.
Next, it was off to Have Bug, Will Travel we went up
to the North of where the cache was and got to a
Pueblo Museum. We got out and walked along the east
side of the museum, but my GPS was pointing past the
museum. So, we got back in the car (decided to try
again another time) and went to Hall of Flame which
was nearby. More good luck followed, cause we walked
right up to that one and found it :).  After that, we
headed for Back in the Saddle Again (which is right by
Valley View, brought back memories for Pyro :(  ).
Once we got to the general area of where the cache
would be my shoe came untied, as I bent down to tie it
my arm bumped a rock, so I turned around to put it
back, and there was the cache! After Back in the
Saddle Again, our last stop was Type A Negative, well,
Pyro had the cache sheet and wrote down what was on
the signs (which was a BIG mistake on my part LOL). We
went back to log our finds and we got to the Type A
one and started writing the e-mail to the cache owner,
but I realised that only 4 words from the 7 word sign
was written down by Pyro LOL. We'll try and go back
some other time to finish writing down the sign :).

After Pyro went back home, I decided to go to Kiwanis
Park to place my first ever cache. It's called Kiwanis
1 and the cache site for it is:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=26976

Now, I have got a question:
I came back to the cache site around noon(which is
about a mile away from my house) with Pyro By Nature
and I lent him my GPS to go find my cache. After a bit
of searching, he finally found it (to my amusement
hehe). Now, I was wondering if that would be
considered a find for him. I thought it was ok, since
he still took the time to go find the cache.

Anyways, I hope to plant more micro caches in the
future, but in maybe more clever hiding spots now that
I have some magnets to use (Kiwanis 1 was hard to find
a hiding spot for since I didnt have any magnets or
anything to stick it to something.