[Az-Geocaching] 4th of July

Bill listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 12:41:20 -0700

Some people have expressed disappointment about fireworks being cancelled in many areas of
Arizona for the 4th.  I live near Willcox, and a headline on the frontpage of our little weekly
paper today says that the fireworks display will go on as scheduled.  If you haven't ever had
the chance to be here, it is a nice small town event, held at the high school football field,
and put on by the fire department.

We are having our annual 4th of July get together again this year, and my wife is making her
award winning (really, she has a plaque) barbequed beef brisket.  We live in the country a few
miles north of Willcox, and after the party we will all go in for the fireworks.

We hereby extend an invitation to the geocaching community to attend.  If you would like to
come, please pmail me at:

bill@freeholder.com

for more info, directions, and GPS coordinates.  We will need to know how many are coming.  We
are easy to find, about 1.5 hours from Tucson if you don't speed.  This is a family party, and
we will provide soda, etc.  If you want beer or similar items, you will have to bring them
yourself.  Keep it legal.

There is also a car show in Willcox that day, and some other activities including a public
pool, and MIB II opens at our local theater.  If anyone wants to come back after the fireworks,
I will set up my scope.  We have a pretty good observing site here.

Come on out and have some fun.  Don't forget we are a few degrees cooler than Tucson.

Bill & Sara, team Freeholder