[Az-Geocaching] Temp disable

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 11:13:30 -0700

At 04:45 AM 6/23/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>This is an interesting thread on the issue of caches placed within the
>limits of NF land, and some of the responses offered by the owners as to
>why they've not disabled them... a few of these are pretty surprising...

I have pretty much all of the Tucson area caches on my watch list.  I see
that today a team went after 2 different caches on Mt. Lemmon but were
turned back both times by the Forest Service.  I just see this as
irresponsible of the cache owners to leave them as active caches.  Until it
rains, the Coronado National Forest is CLOSED.

>So, now I have a question. Can anyone out there post a link to a site that
>they have found that can provide accurate, current info on National Forest
>boundries, closures and road access within AZ? I'm sure that I could do a
>bit of searching, but I'm curious to know what some of our more intrepid
>local cachers are using for their favorite info source.

The Coronado is the only one that I have any real data on.  I have pretty
current maps of the forest and with the exception of a couple highways, all
access is closed.

Throw that in with the closure of the State Trust land, and the July 8th
closure of the 4 state parks down here, and you have all the makings of a
real boring summer.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache