[Az-Geocaching] DBG by H2

Bob Renner listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 11:07:21 -0700 (PDT)

When I first saw this cache (DBG by H2
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=23855
) I wondered if the owners had asked for permission to
place it.  Desert Botanical Gardens is private
property.

I know the Director of Facilities there and have had
several conversations with him about getting them to
place a cache there of their own.  They were thinking
of a multi-stage cache of an educational nature to
lead visitors around to less visited parts of the
Gardens.

I pointed out the cache page to the Director and he
went out and found the cache (4martins).  He even
placed four coupons in it for free admission to the
Gardens on future visits.  Both he and the Executive
Director are in favor of the cache, its placement (you
can reach the cache container while standing ON the
trail) and how it blends into the area.  However, they
would have preferred it if they had been asked prior
to the placement.

The reason I'm sending this e-mail is to remind all
geocachers to check on the ownership of property prior
to placing a cache.  If it's private property (e.g.
DBG, the Phoenix Zoo, etc), make sure you get
permission before you place the cache, particularly
traditional caches with a container.  Fortunately, the
management of DBG is supportive of geocaching and
welcome future caches.  If anyone wants to place
another cache there, they ask that you contact them
first.  Ask for the Director of Facilities.

Bob Renner