[Az-Geocaching] Favorite cache locations

Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:05:53 -0700 (PDT)

Dan,

I don't remember seeing too many replies to your questions here, maybe
everybody is still in withdrawl shock from the NF closures.....

I really enjoy caches with a view, so I have to mention Mingus/Take
Your Breath Away. Even tho' it is my own cache, I think anybody who
has visited it will agree it is one of the best viewpoints.

It will be re-enabled when the forests are re-opened.

I also really enjoyed the series of virtual caches near the AZ
Capitol. They were fun to "find" and very, very educational. (and
sobering) I hadn't ever been down to the Capitol area. To me that is
one of the best parts about this hobby, getting you out to places you
might normally not see. And the exercise!

Trisha "Lightning"

On Mon, 17 June 2002, "Koch, Dan" wrote

> Just a quick note to see what some of the favorite cache locations
around
> the state are.  I don't mean how the cache was hidden or the
challenge in
> finding the cache, but which locations are memorable and why.
>
> Was it the scenery around a particular location?  Was it the view
from the
> location?  Was it something interesting along the way like ruins or
a ghost
> town?  Was it...  You get the idea.
>
> For me, Martinez Canyon cache is probably the most memorable
location.  The
> little spring, the huge trees, the jagged mountains, the abandoned
mines all
> combined to make the place very memorable.
>
> Some friends of mine just moved to the valley and are big
"outdoorsy" people