[Az-Geocaching] "Logging a not found"-question

Jim Scotti listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 10:03:38 -0700 (MST)

Well, you didn't find it, so to me that means a not found log entry.  You can
tell the whole story there and perhaps help other cachers out either by
example or to find out why they couldn't find it too.  I've had 2 not found
logs, but I later found both of them.  The first was just plain difficult to
find, but a 2nd effort succeeded while another was due to my GPS giving me a
lousy solution, placing me some 150 feet away from the cache site.  A second
visit put me at the correct location and I found it immediately.  But I made
the not found logs and they are a record of what my experience with those
caches were.

Jim.

On Wed, 31 Dec 1969, Chelby Geiss wrote:

> Well, it had to happen eventually...after 30 successful finds, we
> finally got beaten.  Went up into the White Mountains off HWY 191
> (HIGHLY recommend KP Cienega campground!) and tried to find a multi
> called True Blue. Found the first part without issue...but the second
> leg got us.  Came home to log out "not found" and come to find out the
> owner has archived the cache because others (who did NOT log "not
> founds") were unable to locate the second leg also. They must have
> archived it sometime after Thursday night.  So this is my question....do
> I still report my "not found"? OR what?  I want to be honest here!!!:)
> Even though this cache caused us a lot of heartache...and scratched
> legs...we had a fantastic weekend in the mountains and logged 3 other
> finds:)
> Thanks in advance!
> C:)
> Team desertSol