[Az-Geocaching] "Logging a not found"-question

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 08:49:55 -0700

We like to have 1 log on each cache we have seeked out. Whether that be a
find or a no find or a log. Much like Scott in Tucson said... we like to
have a log of our geocaching history. If I cant find it, I will post it as a
no find. Once I go back and find it, I delete our no find and change it to a
find. On Neighborhood Park Cache I had 2 no find logs and a find. I left the
no finds for a week or so to allow other cachers to be able to read my past
logs. They may be of interest to others. Then, after a while and a lot more
find logs on that cache, I removed them and only kept the find log in there.
I currently have only one no find log in our system right now... that is
Verde Hot Springs Cache. However, I am positive that the cache is not there.
We couldnt find it. The cache owners said we were looking in the right spot.
They were going to check on it, but, to this day (3 months later), still
have not done so. However, I will leave that no find log for now.

We too went thru the White Mountains for some caching. We were in
Albuquerque, NM this past weekend for a balloon competition (1st place
overall!!! YEHAW!) and found 4 caches on the way back thru along Hwy. 260
west of Springerville and north of Greer. There are areas of the National
Forests that are open. Just check the NF's web site you are going to be
caching in. They have a current and up to date map on the forest closures.
It is also outlined in wording to describe the boundaries of the closed
area. We were able to find 5 caches not in a closed area just along Hwy. 260
between Springerville and McNary. We had time to get 4 of them. There are a
few others that are available as well. We found the areas that were closed
had signs well posted on the roads and gates entering the closed areas. The
Sitgreaves National Forest web page estimates that 70% of their NF is still
open to the public.

Well, just home from ALBQ and after business here on Tuesday, I am off to
Monroe, Wisconsin for a week! Will have to try and get a few caches before I
leave again! :)

Happy Cachin'!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

Scotts Adventure Flying Web Page (AND NOW!) Geocaching web page!
http://www.safwp.bravepages.com