[Az-Geocaching] The death of geocaching

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 10:36:47 -0700

At 10:10 AM 6/13/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>The best I have seen, that work the best are the magnetic key holders.

I gave the mechanism of how they stay closed a little thought and decided
that since they are fairly easy urban caches I would just plan on replacing
the cans from time to time.  I am still working a little on the
magnets.  Both that I have out right now use rare earth magnets held on
with JB Weld.  I have reports that the magnet has already come off of one
of my caches but the magnet is strong enough to still hold it in place.  I
think my problem is that the altoid can surface is very smooth and I might
need to "rough" it up some so I have more surface area for the glue to
adhere to.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache