[Az-Geocaching] Chewed out!

C. Sullivan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 03:32:43 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, loran @cox wrote:

> They left there picture for Smile for Sneaky Peak. Not to clear but you can
> tell they are young.

Yeah, I read it closer and saw that it was under somebody else (speaking
of which, I really need to go grab that cache.. I'm in central Tempe
enough).

As to Hummingbird, that was inconclusive because somebody (I suspect the
cache owner) removed the log sheet so that the only logs that were in
there were the last three.   I did, however, make a pit stop by Checkmate
Redux and quick flipped through the logbook, and couldn't find an
entry.  This is not conclusive, however, because I'm not sure I looked far
back enough.

This brings up an interesting point, one I didn't consider until now.  Do
cache owners routinely compare cache logs in the container to the ones
posted to verify that people aren't "cheating?"  Not to reopen the
"maintenance" can of worms again, but has anybody seen any kind of
widespread cheating (or does anybody care)?

In short, however, this person is an immature jerk.  I've already E-mailed
geocaching.com's contact address regarding the drug reference in their
profile (which is sooo not cool), so we'll see.

-Fedl