[Az-Geocaching] Chewed out!

Andrew Ayre listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 9 Jun 2002 15:54:41 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C20FCD.F746A670

Hi,

Looking at their log entry they look a little immature, but that is how it
is with any activity; there are always immature people. Also they might have
written that log pretty soon after their talk with the police officer and
were still upset, so you get to be the victim of their emotions. I would
send them a polite Email pointing out when you took the bug and when you
logged the entry, and that many other geocachers often take longer to log
bugs - after all the web site is not a provider of real-time information -
it only shows what people enter into it, and most people do not have
internet access at a cache site. Wait a while and if they don't edit their
entry, then post a polite note to the cache page pointing out when you took
the bug and when you logged it. That would reflect well on you. Personally I
think this reflects very badly on them and not at all badly on you.
Groover

  -----Original Message-----
  From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Melanie
Barta
  Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2002 3:41 PM
  To: az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com
  Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Chewed out!

  Hello all,

  New to the lists, been "lurking" for about 2 weeks and learning who's
here.  We have a problem now and figured you all would be the perfect people
to help us with it.  We've been making a big push to get to 200 caches and
have been doing some LONG caching days.  We did an eight cache day on
Thursday and when we got home logged all the finds.  During the day we had
picked up a travel bug from Valley View cache (GC3B3F), which we also logged
about 8:00pm that night.  The next morning we found a log above ours that
was very insulting.  We're very concerned that this will reflect poorly on
our team.  Should we turn the other cheek  or ask for the log to be removed?
Any advise would be must appreciated.

  Melanie and Michele
  Team Meteor Maniacs

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C20FCD.F746A670

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2600.0" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D719054922-09062002><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D719054922-09062002><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D719054922-09062002><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =

size=3D2>Looking at their log entry they look a little immature, but =
that is how=20
it is with any activity;&nbsp;there are always immature people. Also =
they might=20
have written that log pretty soon after their talk with the police =
officer and=20
were still upset, so you get to be the&nbsp;victim of their emotions. I =
would=20
send them a polite Email pointing out when you took the bug and when you =
logged=20
the entry, and that many other geocachers often take longer to log bugs =
- after=20
all the web site is not a provider of real-time information - it only =
shows what=20
people enter into it, and most people do not have internet access at a =
cache=20
site. Wait a while and if they don't edit their entry, then post a =
polite note=20
to the cache page pointing out when you took the bug and when you logged =
it.=20
That would reflect well on you. Personally I think this reflects very =
badly on=20
them and not at all badly on you.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<P><SPAN class=3D719054922-09062002></SPAN><FONT size=3D2><FONT =
face=3DArial><FONT=20
color=3D#0000ff>G<SPAN=20
class=3D719054922-09062002>roover</SPAN></FONT></FONT><BR>&nbsp;</FONT> =
</P>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>=20
  az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com=20
  [mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]<B>On Behalf Of=20
  </B>Melanie Barta<BR><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, June 09, 2002 3:41 =
PM<BR><B>To:</B>=20
  az-geocaching@listserv.azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> =
[Az-Geocaching]=20
  Chewed out!<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>Hello all,<BR><BR>New to the lists, =
been=20
  "lurking" for about 2 weeks and learning who's here.&nbsp; We have a =
problem=20
  now and figured you all would be the perfect people to help us with =
it.&nbsp;=20
  We've been making a big push to get to 200 caches and have been doing =
some=20
  LONG caching days.&nbsp; We did an eight cache day on Thursday and =
when we got=20
  home logged all the finds.&nbsp; During the day we had picked up a =
travel bug=20
  from Valley View cache (GC3B3F), which we also logged about 8:00pm =
that=20
  night.&nbsp; The next morning we found a log above ours that was very=20
  insulting.&nbsp; We're very concerned that this will reflect poorly on =
our=20
  team.&nbsp; Should we turn the other cheek&nbsp; or ask for the log to =
be=20
  removed?&nbsp; Any advise would be must appreciated.<BR><BR><FONT=20
  face=3DVerdana>Melanie and Michele<BR>Team Meteor=20