[Az-Geocaching] RE: Re: Placements near restricted areas

Mike Schwarz listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 08 Jun 2002 13:55:14

Chris, I would agree that you've done a good job on this one.  My
post was more intended at FUTURE placements of caches, rather than
existing ones.  I certainly don't think Drydock should be archived.
Now that its very clearly stated in its description that you should
avoid searching in restricted areas, its okay, and you have
rectified any possible problems.

The main point i wanted to make, is for people to carefully consider
what is close to the cache location, when they choose their locations
for future caches.  If there is a power plant or something of that
sort close to where someone will place a cache in the future, then
just very clearly state in the cache description that people should
avoid searching such areas, and that the cache is NOT in or on the
 edge of such areas.

Ironically, I'm looking for a couple urban caches to look for around
sunset today, not involving uphill hiking.  (Uphill hiking is
something I like whan it's cool, but not when its 105 degrees).
With the brand-new cache across the street from Drydock, I might
just get motivated to search for both of those around sunset today-
just 6 hours from now.

Mike (Malthusian)