[Az-Geocaching] Benchmark

Tim Giron listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 17:55:19 -0700

Yep and they look pretty much like a regular cache log. Once you log one, it will show up in a set apart section on the search results called something like "benchmarks you have found". There is currently not a "My Benchmarks" page. There's no count on your profile, etc. Perhaps if people start logging them, they will add more functionality around this section.

The other great thing about the benchmarks is, of course, that they allow you to check the accuracy of your GPSr under different conditions. You can see, first hand what averaging and the position of the satellites does do your ability to zero in on a very well known target.