[Az-Geocaching] The problem is often the RATINGS

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 07 Jun 2002 13:19:26 -0700

At 12:57 PM 6/7/2002 +0000, you wrote:

>Right now the placer of the cache has sole authority to determine
>the rating numbers for the cache.  Sometimes I feel that an
>independent panel of local geocachers should also rate each cache,
>vote on what THEY feel the ratings should be, and have these
>alternate ratings listed in the description for the cache, along
>with the cache owner's own ratings.

To me that seems to just be another level of authority in geocaching that I
would not want to see.  I would like to see the addition of a rating system
for the finders when they log the cache.  They just added the ability to
add coordinates with your finds, and think that a rating system for what
you thought of the cache might be a good idea.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache