[Az-Geocaching] Favorite Cache

C. Sullivan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 18:45:20 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, loran @cox wrote:

> Ok now for the positive side.  My favorite cache is Ya Skala and I hope it
> is replaced soon. This is a cache that is very obtainable yet in a very busy
> area. The owner has provided enough of a clue but you still have to think. I
> know this cache brings with it a love/hate relationship. For some it has
> been their downfall but once you do find it you realize how easy it was. I
> myself had the cache 3 times before I realized I had it. I still watch the
> page to see how others fare with it.

To contribute to the positive side:

My favorite caches continue to be ones that are in interesting places that
I might not know about that are literally right under my nose.  They are
often the most creative: anyone can "hide" something in the middle of
nowhere.. often it takes a bit of skill to hide something in plain sight
(or not too far off a beaten path).

Examples:

Just about all the caches along Rt. 66.  Especially: Rt. 66 Old Road
(GC4613).  Get Your Kicks (GC4079) in California especially typifies these
types of caches: in the middle of a lava bed just a few hundred
yards from the Interstate.  All quite interesting.

Sparky's Stash (GC369) is also a good one.  Literally in plain sight if
you look in the right place.

Lastly, Tehachapi Treasure (GC50A, in California also) was a good one.  It
was cleverly hidden and will likely be there forever.  It's also in an
interesting spot: near a place where a lot of railfans congregate to do
their camel spotting.. err..

For the most part, I can't really think of any turkeys.  wolfb8's rest
area caches are a good idea, but unfortunately they seem to slowly be
disappearing.

The neatest caches, though, have to be the ones that are themed.  Grow
Your Own Cooked Cache (GC1252) and Colorado's Cherry Creek Music Cache
(GC2ED1) stand out here.