[Az-Geocaching] thoughts about urban geocaches...

az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:25:07 -0700

Scott,
    I'm the opposite of Jerry as I'm a Rush Limbaugh-listening, big-mouthed,
let's open up the Alaska wilderness, pro-NRA conservative.  Yet, I agree
with most of what Jerry states about where and how to place caches.
    I think all caches should be placed in places such that the influx of
geocachers doesn't harm the area or bring unwanted attention to our hobby.
A cache should be placed in places such that if I can't find it, me tossing
rocks out of the way won't harm the area.  I think caches should be placed
as close as posible to established trails so that new trails aren't created
by cache seekers.
    Of the 91 caches I've found in AZ, only 2 caches I question the
placement of.

-srdrake