[Az-Geocaching] I will be placing Courage in Cholla Forest Friday AM

az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:13:17 -0700

I will be placing Courage in the Cholla Forest cache Friday AM.  He should
be at that cache site by noon Friday at the latest.  I won't be able to log
this placement until Friday evening at the earliest.

I'm placing Courage in this cache for the following reasons:

* It's east of the Alborg Cache where I picked him up.  (In keeping with the
intent of the cache)
* The Cholla Forest cache is rated 3 stars of less as required in the
description.
* It keeps him in the Phoenix area for those who want to touch it.  (I guess
we have Courage Karma in addition to Cache Karma.)
* It's a cache that a lot of people haven't yet done, so perhaps it will
encourage a visit or two.

If anyone wants to race to retrieve him, the hike to Cholla Forest can be
done round-trip in under 2 hours and there doesn't appear to be any
significant elevation changes.  Access to the trail is very near Lost
Dutchman State Park and should be convenient for many.  If someone wants to
be sitting under the cholla bushes waiting for me, I'll hand him to you.

If someone else wants to move him west, that's your decision.  I believe
that by placing Courage in this cache, I maintain the integrity of the
purpose of Courage.

I'm dumbfounded by the few upset folks from my request for advice on moving
Courage east.  Just goes to show that you can't please all the people all
the time.  Hopefully this placement will quiet the Courage controversy.
Next time I'll just do what I think is best without publicly asking for
advice and "opions."