[Az-Geocaching] Courage (Thanks)

Ed Philpott az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:09:09 -0700

Maybe Baja Fleg can pick it up.  I think he is going to be over the
beginning of Feb and there might be someone in NM that can get it further.

Ed

----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.snaptek.com]On Behalf Of Jim Scotti
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 12:59 PM
To: az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Courage (Thanks)

Send Courage towards Tucson - the I-10 connection gets it going in the right
direction and I've seen a number of travelbugs in the Tucson area which came
in from distant locations.  They said east - and southeast is still east.  I
agree that if you go strictly east, you get into the caches that have low
hit
rates over in the eastern part of the state (see West Fork I and a few
others
there for example, thought Thompson Creek has a good hit rate....) and it
may
take forever to get past that area....  I know there are a bunch of Tucson
Geocachers who would love to help Courage along it's way.

Jim.

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 srdrake@srpnet.com wrote:

> Thanks for your input.  I'm going to hold onto Courage a few more days at
> least to attempt to find someone who has an upcoming trip east.  I'm
> checking with people I know who aren't geocachers who could be recruited
> aid with the movement east.
>
> I'll email the originators of this cache and see what their opinion is of
me
> mailing it to my father to be placed in a cache.  If they say it's ok,
then
> I'll go ahead and mail it (regardless of Libby's effervescent and always
> positive comment concerning it being against the rules).
>
> One of the stated rules for Courage is that it must be always moving east.
> I found it in a cache that is already on the easternmost parts of Phoenix.
> To move it even slightly more east would (a) be really difficult for me
and
> my near-term schedule and (b) put it in a cache that is probably much less
> frequently visited than the normal Phoenix ones.
>
> I'm ignoring the rule that says the traveller must be placed within 24
hours
> because it is not realistic and probably hurts moving this cache east.  I
> intend to hold Courage for a week max.  If all attempts fail at moving it
> significantly east, I'll just place it in an easy cache in the Phoenix
area.
> Given the wide diversity of people who geocache and subscribe to this
> listserv, there's likely someone with a near-term trip to the east.
Phoenix
> is an island.
>
> -srdrake

Jim Scotti