[Az-Geocaching] EasyGPS question

Tim Giron az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:20:57 -0800 (PST)

The file is XML.  The <waypoint> stanzas probably
could be changed to whatever tag EasyGPS understands
as "geocache". As I don't have EasyGPS, my suggestion
would be to export from EasyGPS and check the
resulting file.  The XML .loc file can be edited with
any text editor before importing it into EasyGPS.

Tim
--- Scott Nicol <arizcowboy@hotmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> Now to my question: When I do download this data to
> my EasyGPS program, the
> symbol shown is for a basic waypoint. A dot. The GPS
> I use when geocaching
> is a Garmin Etrex Legend. It has a symbol for a
> geocache and a geocache
> found. Looks like a treasure chest and a treasure
> chest opened. I think all
> the newer Garmins might have this symbol to
> represent a geocache. The
> EasyGPS shows each cache as a waypoint dot. Is there
> a way I can change the
> symbol while the data is still in the EasyGPS
> program? Otherwise, I have to
> go thru everyone one of them (or each one as I put
> them into my GPS) and
> change the symbol and that is rather time consuming!
> I have been around the
> EasyGPS a bit and cant really see that this can be
> done.

</snip>