[Az-Geocaching] EasyGPS question

Scott Nicol az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Tue, 15 Jan 2002 13:38:42 -0800

First off,

Thanks to the folks at the geocaching.snaptek.com for taking the time to
create a downloadable file for the individual team data for use with
EasyGPS. I have EasyGPS and Waypoint and like the EasyGPS best. However, I
havent been able to find a way to drop all of the AZ caches into my GPS in
one shot. Now, we can! Thanks!

Now to my question: When I do download this data to my EasyGPS program, the
symbol shown is for a basic waypoint. A dot. The GPS I use when geocaching
is a Garmin Etrex Legend. It has a symbol for a geocache and a geocache
found. Looks like a treasure chest and a treasure chest opened. I think all
the newer Garmins might have this symbol to represent a geocache. The
EasyGPS shows each cache as a waypoint dot. Is there a way I can change the
symbol while the data is still in the EasyGPS program? Otherwise, I have to
go thru everyone one of them (or each one as I put them into my GPS) and
change the symbol and that is rather time consuming! I have been around the
EasyGPS a bit and cant really see that this can be done.

But, maybe I am missing something!

I know that when I upload caches from my GPS to my EasyGPS program.. they
show us as geocache symbols in the EasyGPS program. But, cant figure out how
to do so the other way around.

Thanks!

Scott
Team Ropingthewind