[Az-Geocaching] Saguaro Vista Cache

Bob Renner az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:22:08 -0800 (PST)

I don't think you are allowed on the dam itself.
Especially in the aftermath of 9-11.

Here's the address of 2 web sites that have pictures
of the dam.
http://www.srpnet.com/water/lakes/stewartmountaindam.asp
http://www.nicholson-rodio.com/projects/StewartMtn.pdf

There is no bridge crossing the river at the dam.  The
closest one is Blue Point Bridge.  You could cross
there and hike upstream, but I think there is a sheer
wall cliff between the dam and the bridge on the south
side.

Here's the address of a web site that gives the flow
rates of all the streams in AZ.

http://az.waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/current?type=flow

Look for a line after SALT RIVER that starts as
follows:
  09502000 SALT R BL STEWART MOUNTAIN D ARIZ

It has the flow for that section of the Salt River.
It's currently at over 300 cfs (cubic feet per second)
which is a moderate flow.  The water is probably
rather cold.

Good luck.
Bob

=====