[Az-Geocaching] Re: Geocaching "Teams"

az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:11:25 EST

Regarding Stephen's statement-

"My current goals related to the stats:
I'm trying to pass n4/c on total caches found.  (He knows this and I believe it's added a little motiviation to him also.)"

I'm not locating these caches out of any competitive desire to be at the top of Snaptek's list (hey - I'm just obsessive-compulsive. Besides, I can't afford a yellow jeep with *real* suspension!:), but I'll admit that there is an element of fun added to the hobby when a bit of harmless, friendly competition is involved. In a way, I almost feel a greater link to the geocaching community or certain members within it (I'm a 'lone' cacher) if my own efforts are sparking a similar effort or motivation in them. That's a compliment. Not that Stephen has to worry about achieving that goal; it should be relatively easy to pass me up in the next month..!

Regarding his other comment -

"I want my Cache Karma to always be positive."

It is obvious that I am destined to be the Dark Lord of Negative Cache Karma here, my own anti-score exceeded only by Trail Gypsy, I believe. I'm watching my steps carefully on the trail these days for rattlers, scorpions, tarantulas, rabid bats, deraged groundsquirrels with sharp teeth, and buried mine shafts to plunge into. Although the rumor of 5 ammo boxes in my vehicle is indeed true, it will be a little while before they are placed, and my standing redeemed in the Karma category. 'Till then, you'll be able to spot me on the trail - I'll be the one holding the GPSR with the dark clouds swirling about overhead..

-n4/c, Evil Seeker of Caches