[Az-Geocaching] 'can't find vs. 'note'...

Scott Wood az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 00:15:08 -0700

At 12:46 AM 2/24/2002 -0500, you wrote:

>Now, on 'Where Eagles Soar' (?name? - it's since been archived..), I did
>post a 'note' after my first failed attempt, because I honestly thought
>that it had been pilfered (lots of nosy neighbors were about!), and I had
>looked right up to sunset (frustration! Damn sunset!). It was less a 'can't

I guess my point would be that even if you thought that the cache might
have been pilfered it should still have been a "can't find."

I mentioned the one that I couldn't find out in California and it was the
same way.  The place where the cache was supposed to be had been recently
bulldozed.  I still looked around the area as well as we could considering
that number of people in the park that day.  When I logged it I
still  logged it as a couldn't find it because I couldn't.

I guess my point is that it is irrelevant if the cache has been pilfered or
not.  To me it all depends on if I could find it or not.  The note should
be for those times that I couldn't get to the area but tried.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com