[Az-Geocaching] Communications...

Bill listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:54:12 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_058B_01C2B0B2.9275B4D0

They do not share channels, and cannot talk to each other.  In most =
cases, a cell phone is better for emergencies, although nothing will =
work everywhere.  If you get into a canyon or behind the wrong hill, =
everything quits working.

FSR has a range of a mile or two, while CB is more, if you have a good =
unit, but both are line of sight.  Cell phone service gets spotty in the =
mountains as well.

Bill
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Allyn Moore=20

  Here's a question; do CB and FRS radios share channels?  Can the two =
radios communicate?  Since I have been known to hike several miles away =
from civilization, my spouse would really like it if I could keep in =
touch with the outside world somehow in case I had an emergency, etc., =
etc.  I am wondering what might be the best type to carry.

------=_NextPart_000_058B_01C2B0B2.9275B4D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style" size=3D2>They do not share =
channels, and=20
cannot talk to each other.&nbsp; In most cases, a cell phone is better =
for=20
emergencies, although nothing will work everywhere.&nbsp; If you get =
into a=20
canyon or behind the wrong hill, everything quits working.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style" size=3D2>FSR has a range of a mile =
or two,=20
while CB is more, if you have a good unit, but both are line of =
sight.&nbsp;=20
Cell phone service gets spotty in the mountains as well.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Bookman Old Style" size=3D2>Bill</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dallynmoore@yahoo.com =
href=3D"mailto:allynmoore@yahoo.com">Allyn=20
  Moore</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><FONT=20
  face=3D"Bookman Old Style"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <P>Here's a question; do CB and FRS radios share channels?&nbsp; Can =
the two=20
  radios communicate?&nbsp; Since I have been known to hike several =
miles away=20
  from civilization, my spouse would really like it if I could keep in =
touch=20
  with the outside world somehow in case I had an emergency, etc., =
etc.&nbsp; I=20
  am wondering what might be the best type to=20
carry.</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_058B_01C2B0B2.9275B4D0--