[Az-Geocaching] Communications...

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 06:01:51 -0800

>From: Brian Cluff <brian@snaptek.com>
>To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
>Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Communications...
>Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 01:23:19 -0700
>
>Yup from:
>http://www.geocaching.com/faq.asp
>
>*Do you have an FRS channel to find out if other Geocachers are in the
>area?*
>
>Yes. The community has decided on channel 2 as the primary and 12 as the
>alternate FRS (Family Radio Service) channel. FRS radios are longer
>distance walkie talkies, like the Motorola Talkabout.
>
>Brian Cluff
>Team Snaptek

So, let's declare CB channel 2 (primary) and 12 (secondary) as the official
channels for communications for CB as well. Keep it simple! I will email
Jeremy and ask if he will add that to the FAQ's page were the FRS channels
are posted.

Cant recall much of anything on CB channels 2 and 12. Fairly quite channels.

Does this sound like a good plan?

The VHF radios are great (like the Motorola Spirit radios and such) as well
as ham, but both require an FCC license to operate. Also, the VHF
frequencies found on the motorola radios are for business use only and are
not intended for recreation. I use these radios ballooning. CB radios (and I
beleive FRS as well) do not require a license. CB radio's arent really
regulated anymore (I dont think).

I have been interested in getting into HAM radio, but, just havent taken the
time to go thru the actions to get one and to get a license. Some day!

In the meantime, this ol' boy can be found on the CB! :) LOL

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU=
http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_addphotos_3mf