[Az-Geocaching] It's not as bad as we have been told

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
20 Aug 2002 18:30:15 -0700

Well, a geocache that happened to be by an archeology site that was
valdalized by unknown people isn't very controversial or very exciting
till you start to take what you were told one step further, and stretch
it's meaning.

I personally don't get any papers or watch the news. I think that the
media is destroying us little by little.  They control exactly what we
here and tend to like to hop onto trends like all the kidnappings that
are going on would have you believe that the world seems to be coming to
an end and nobody is safe anywhere, but in reality kidnaping are
actually down quite a bit this year and it's just the medias latest pet
story.
When all this anthrax garbage was going around and everyone was panicing
that they would drop dead from what they thought was a flu any second.
My wife made a call to her family in spain and told them about it.  They
thought it was incredibly stupid that everyone was panicing over it
because in spain alone about 40 or 50 people get anthrax every year,
it's just not all that news worthy till our turbo-reportes pick it up
and tell us that we are all doomed to die a horrible death within
minutes.

OK... I MUST get off this soap box or I'll be up here all night.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek