[Az-Geocaching] Killed my eTrex?

Chelby Geiss listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 17 Aug 2002 22:15:21 -0700

--Apple-Mail-3--199085659

*sigh* I think I may have drowned my eTrex!  We went kayaking on
Thursday.  I wasn't too worried about the water.  Says right here in the
manual "Waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes."  I wasn't trying to get
it wet...but it did take a dip in the lake while I was getting out of
the kayak one time.  It was in for a split second...I didn't worry.
Then while trying to find one of the caches on Canyon Lake, it kept
turning off on me!  Kev took a look at it, opened up the battery
compartment and found water in it!  UGH!  I've had it apart, hoping it
will dry out, but there is a haze over the screen and its not coming on:(
So have I killed it?  What about it supposedly being waterproof?
This is NOT what I needed right now!  Can't afford a new gps at the
moment!:(
C:)

Team desertSol
Chelby & Kevin

[...]