[Az-Geocaching] Major league sports facility geocache: One finder has logged more than 800 cache findings

Tim Giron listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:46:34 -0400

I see it as caching in reverse. You're getting coordinates from others showing their favorite whatever (mine, covered bridge, other thing that you are also interested in). Then anyone who wants to visit those places has definitive coordinates. There are quite a few of the locationless that are interesting and informative.

There are also some that are somewhat hard to justify (coords and pix of a wild animal; I mean really, is that moose going to be there for anybody else to come and look at ;>... oops, liberal dose of sarcasm, there). State capitol and other government buildings are easy enough to locate without a GPSr (just look for the barricades).

Tim
Team AZFastFeet

From: Scott Wood <wood@myblueheaven.com>
Date: 2002/04/30 Tue PM 02:21:11 EDT
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Major league sports facility geocache: One

At 12:03 PM 4/30/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm just asking here Scott, nothing else ment by this, but why do you feel
>that way?

I really don't know for sure.  I guess I look at a cache as being a single
thing at a specific location.  It can be either a traditional cache or a
virtual one, but everyone that has found that cache has been to the same
place as the person who hid it.  With the caches that are "locationless"
you have people "finding" caches/locations that the hider doesn't know
exists nor will ever visit.

I have enjoyed reading some of the online logs for these caches, but
finding them just isn't as fun to me as a cache that was placed somewhere,
by someone, with a specific reason to bring me there.

Any one else have any specific thoughts on this?

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache