[Az-Geocaching] yellow jeep pills

Farquhar, Larry listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 05:29:56 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F042.BC9E6710

We suspected TeamSpring as the pharmacist in the appearance of these pills!
The label artwork looked like a familiar style. It looks like the Yellow
Jeep Anxiety Pills have worked. Not only have the pills calmed everyone down
about seeing yellow Jeeps, I think they've also calmed down the yellow Jeeps
themselves. :)

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.happy-wanderers.com

-----Original Message-----
From: TeamSpringAZ@aol.com [mailto:TeamSpringAZ@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2002 5:43 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] yellow jeep pills

Howdy folks,

       I guess the cats out of the bag now on who's been placing the Yellow
Jeep Anxiety Pills.  A few months ago someone in the LISTSERV stated the
need to take a pill for yellow jeep anxiety, so we came up with the idea.
      Being contentious cachers, we spent a great deal of time and effort
finding an appropriate item to use. As we agree that food items should not
be placed in caches due to pest infestation, melting, and generally
contaminating a cache, it seemed the best item to use as the 'pills' were
lemonheads, which is indeed candy. We were going to discard the candy to use
yellow beads instead, but, we came across the containers we are using now.
   The container is a medical grade sterile specimen vial, that has a
locking cap that is designed to seal not only dry but liquid specimens from
any contaminates, viral and bacterial, but also locks as to be tamper proof.
These containers are used by the state, with a faultless record as of yet.
We did some testing by placing the filled containers in various locations
and temps, to include next to an ant hill, as well as placing it in a
microwave. During the testing there were no reactions by any pest,  no leaks
or failures, presumably from the seal retarding any transmission of scent,
ect.
       We are concerned about any cache contaminating as in Team Terra
Buena's cache, so this letter is a fact finding mission to see if this was
an isolated case (there are quite a few containers out there) or if all the
rest of them should be pulled before any more damage is done. We do feel
comfortable in stating there is no great risk in the YJ Pills contaminating
your caches, but we will go with the consensus of the group in regard to
placing them in caches in the future. We WILL be placing them in all of Team
Springs caches in the future (there are 3 more in the works at this time).

Thanks for any help and opinions in this matter,
Team Spring

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F042.BC9E6710

<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2715.400" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=534082612-30042002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>We
suspected TeamSpring as the pharmacist in the appearance of these pills! The
label artwork looked like a familiar style. It looks like the Yellow Jeep
Anxiety Pills have worked. Not only have the pills calmed everyone down about
seeing yellow Jeeps, I think they've also calmed down the yellow Jeeps
themselves. :)</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=534082612-30042002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=534082612-30042002><!-- Converted from text/rtf format -->
<P><SPAN lang=en-us><B><FONT face=Arial size=2>Larry Farquhar</FONT></B></SPAN>
<BR><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial size=2>Team "Wyle E"</FONT></SPAN>
<BR><SPAN lang=en-us><FONT face=Arial
size=2>www.happy-wanderers.com</FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</SPAN></P></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV></DIV>
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader lang=en-us dir=ltr align=left><FONT
  face=Tahoma size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B>
  TeamSpringAZ@aol.com [mailto:TeamSpringAZ@aol.com] <BR><B>Sent:</B> Monday,
  April 29, 2002 5:43 PM<BR><B>To:</B>
  listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> [Az-Geocaching] yellow jeep
  pills<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><FONT face=arial,helvetica><FONT size=2>Howdy
  folks,<BR><BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I guess the cats out of the
  bag now on who's been placing the Yellow Jeep Anxiety Pills.&nbsp; A few
  months ago someone in the LISTSERV stated the need to take a pill for yellow
  jeep anxiety, so we came up with the idea.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
  Being contentious cachers, we spent a great deal of time and effort finding an
  appropriate item to use. As we agree that food items should not be placed in
  caches due to pest infestation, melting, and generally contaminating a cache,
  it seemed the best item to use as the 'pills' were lemonheads, which is indeed
  candy. We were going to discard the candy to use yellow beads instead, but, we
  came across the containers we are using now.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp; The container is
  a medical grade sterile specimen vial, that has a locking cap that is designed
  to seal not only dry but liquid specimens from any contaminates, viral and
  bacterial, but also <U>locks</U> as to be tamper proof. These containers are
  used by the state, with a faultless record as of yet. We did some testing by
  placing the filled containers in various locations and temps, to include next
  to an ant hill, as well as placing it in a microwave. During the testing there
  were no reactions by any pest,&nbsp; no leaks or failures, presumably from the
  seal retarding any transmission of scent,
  ect.<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; We are concerned about any cache
  contaminating as in Team Terra Buena's cache, so this letter is a fact finding
  mission to see if this was an isolated case (there are quite a few containers
  out there) or if all the rest of them should be pulled before any more damage
  is done. We do feel comfortable in stating there is no great risk in the YJ
  Pills contaminating your caches, but we will go with the consensus of the
  group in regard to placing them in caches in the future. We WILL be placing
  them in all of Team Springs caches in the future (there are 3 more in the
  works at this time).<BR><BR>Thanks for any help and opinions in this matter,
  <BR>Team Spring</FONT> </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1F042.BC9E6710--