[Az-Geocaching] State Trust Land in Maricopa County

Farquhar, Larry listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 11:14:07 -0700

Scott asked: "How do they word it on the permit? Does the permit
specifically state what types of travel you may use on state trust land to
go get a cache?

I requested, and have my family recreational STL permit intended use blocks
marked authorizing us for: Camping, Off-Highway Vehicle Travel, Photography,
and Hiking.

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.happy-wanderers.com

geocaching... are you purchasing it specifically for geocaching?

I just wish that the state land department would simply not issue permits to

the individuals and groups that are creating all that dust and abusing the
'priviledges' of their state land permits and denying all those who are
respectful of the land and treat the land accordingly access to those lands
they are paying annual dues to use. But, why should the state change things?

The state can keep collecting money from all these permit holders, block off

more and more parcels of land...

Scott
Team Ropingthewind