[Az-Geocaching] State Trust Land in Maricopa County

Ford, Denny listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:22:45 -0700

I am sorry but I have to disagree with Jerry's comments.  If anyone who has been out in the desert know once it rains
and not used, the desert can grow back with in a few years.  We have all walked through cholla groves.

One thing that bothers me in places such as South Mountain Park, they say you have to stay on designated trails.  How
many of us have started on a trail and ended up being a game trail that ends.  Do you turn around and return to the main
trail or do you bush whack to the cache?  The desert is much more resilient than government agencies give it credit.
They just get lazy and shut it off instead of managing it.  The problem is once they shut it off they never want to open
it back up again, that is the easy way for them.

-