[Az-Geocaching] Another Tucson cache bites it

Jerry Nelson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:09:58 -0700

----__JNP_000_6732.70ad.253a

It's actually not surprising that the ranger who is removing the caches
from National Park land is a cacher himself.  It's obviously how he
thought to look for them in the first place.  It's interesting how he
"blew his cover" here though.  Snaptek guys, check to see if he is a user
of this listserv.

My guess is that he's just trying to do his job as he sees it, but if he
did know about this e-mail list it would have been better for him to post
a tactful reminder to those with caches on Park land and ask them to
voluntarily remove them.  He could also have done so directly by
contacting the cache owners through the main Web site.

It wouldn't hurt to make him aware of this listserv and invite him to
take part in a discussion.  Nobody here is so upset that they would
berate him with obscenities (I don't think).  Communication almost always
brings good results.  I doubt we'll get him to ignore the law.  Many here
probably don't want him to. But we all might feel better about the
situation after having talked together.

Jerry-Offtrail

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002 17:28:27 -0700 Scott Wood <wood@myblueheaven.com>