[Az-Geocaching] Scratch and Cache archived

Baja Fleg listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 07:17:26 -0600

Here is an easy way around that, multistage!!  A simple two stage cache with
the first stage being outside a park and the final stage inside the park.
The way I look at it these are our parks and we pay for them.  We do more
good for our parks by cache in trash out then most people.  Like somone said
before its just a couple of rangers on a power trip.

Michael
Team TJ

----Original Message Follows----
DAVID Hansen wrote on 4/8/02 3:52 PM :

 >Does this mean that the NPS is checking the Geocaching web site just to
 >verify that no geocaches have been placed in their patrol areas ?

Apparently so.  I have heard that Park Service employees back east
(specifically Cuyahoga Valley Nat'l....) are assigned to monitor the
geocaching page, and remove any caches placed within the park boundaries.

-Jim