[Az-Geocaching] Who needs a GPSR

Scott Wood wood@myblueheaven.com
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 18:24:34 -0700

At 05:51 PM 10/27/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>That IS really odd. Was there any type of identification to a cache "name"?

The caches had no markings other than "www.geocaching.com" and something
like "please do not move" written in black marker.  There was no cache name
or e-mail address to identify them.  The cache log did have a person's
name, but there is no user at www.geocaching.com with that username.  The
thing that I found odd was that the log entries were for "team 3" and "team
4" as the people who found the caches.  Makes me think it was for some sort
of special event, but if that happened on the 19th, I would hope that the
owner would go pick them up if the event is over, and if not, it would be
nice to have the event logged.

>If you can reveal it, what was the name of the park? I'm only aware of one
>archived cache in Tucson, that's probably not it.

Sure, it is Agua Caliente park on the far East side of Tucson.  This park
is a true oasis in the desert and since I first discovered geocaching it
was where I wanted to place my first cache.  Of course I don't want to
place one there now and hide it well and have people confuse one of the two
I found for it, since they are poorly hidden.

>I agree that we all need to be responsible in the placement, and finding, of
>the caches. A few bad circumstances can ruin it for everyone. There's
>already enough controversy going on about the placement and seeking of
>caches.

Especially down here in Tucson where we are really losing so much of our
outdoors.  I don't mean by development, I mean by restrictions being put on
all public lands by the Forest Service and the State of Arizona.  I went
out to find the new Colossal Cave Cahe today and was shocked to find that
they now have a toll both set up out there and have gated off what was one
of the most senic drives on Tucson's eastside.  Now you have a soulless
bypass road that takes you to the interstate and completely bypasses the
rolling hills of the Colossal Cave area.

Anyway, I should get back to the important stuff, the Diamondbacks are
beating the Yankee's as I write this.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com