[Az-Geocaching] Plundered Cache

Scott Wood az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:27:45 -0700

Had a pretty good day out hunting caches today even if there were a lot of
miles in between what we found.

I wish the second find were as enjoyable as the first though.  "Watching
Storms with Eeyore" has been one of the ones I have wanted to find since I
started this, but never found myself with the time or in the right part of
the area to do it until today.

We found the cache with no problem but it appears that it has been
plundered since Cache Quest was there and logged it to geocaching.com
before us.  Since their visit here has been a few log book entries, but
they also mention the poor quality of the cache.  We found it today without
any sort of cache container, just a logbook, a book and a cassette tape in
a very thin plastic bag.  On top of that the bag has many holes in it and I
doubt it will survive the next big storm in the area.

Considering that Cache Quest logged it on the 20th and reported it being in
pretty good shape, this must have happened over the last 10 days.

I wish I would have had something to put the contents into, what there was
of them anyway, but I didn't.  I did add a couple items to the cache so
there would be something for the kids, and put the cache a little higher in
the tree to try and keep it off the ground.

The reason for this post is that since there are only 4 people watching
this cache I wanted to post somewhere with a little wider audience than my
log entry in hopes that the owner, or the next person who goes to this one
can take some sort of a container along.  It would be a shame to lose this
cache, there is a spectacular view from it.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache