[Az-Geocaching] have you heard of this before

wolfb8 az-geocaching@listserv.snaptek.com
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 08:09:29 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C18088.D3B13C40

This was left as a note on my Tamba cache....

We didn't visit this site. We ran out of daylight before we could get to =
it. We did, however, find a small camoflage-colored paint can with the =
word Tamba written on it at stage #3 of the Having a Ball geocache =
(GC20DC). Is there a connection? Does this count as a find? Johnny & =
Eric, Greensburg, PA

This is the note that was left at Having a Ball Cache
We went on a geocaching vacation in Phoenix for one week. We thought =
that it would be a great way to see Arizona and we were not =
disappointed. We found 23 of the 28 caches that we attempted. It was =
great fun even when we were not successful. We had some really great =
adventures and saw a lot of rocks and thorns. We really owe a debt of =
gratitude to the geocaching community in Arizona for some great cache =
locations. Thank You! This was our last find of the trip and our third =
find of the day. We had a bit of a strange experience with this one. We =
found #1, #2, and #3 easily enough but we could not continue because it =
was starting to get dark and we realized that there was no way we could =
make the hike to the final cache. The odd thing is that we found two =
containers at #3. I don't mean for this log to be a spoiler but there is =
no other way to explain. One of them was a tupperware and the other was =
a small camoflage-colored paint can with the word Tamba written on it. =
We wondered if this was supposed to be the Tamba geocache which is =
supposed to be somewhere way out in the desert on the other side of =
Wickenburg, 82.1 miles away! If so, the coordinates are way off! We hope =
someone will offer us an explanation for this mystery. Anyhow, We left a =
travel bug here at #3 since it was to be the final cache our trip. The =
goal of this particular bug is to visit state high points but we had to =
settle for a high point in a state capitol. We really hope that somebody =
will be able to find him and send him on his way. We had great fun with =
this cache. There were some really great views of Phoenix along the way. =
Thanks again. Johnny & Eric. Greensburg, PA

I am like stumped on this one Since I have not done the having a ball =
cache yet has anyone else seen the thismoving cache.... Dam I set one up =
to move and it sits in one place for ever.... I have one that should sit =
still and it moves ....go figure

Anyway I will go to the Tamba cache this weeek it see if it is still =
were it belongs and either add more to the puzzel or solve it

any idea's folks

libby

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C18088.D3B13C40

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#ff0000 face=3DArial size=3D2>This was left as a note =
on my Tamba=20
cache....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We didn't visit this site. We ran out =
of daylight=20
before we could get to it. We did, however, find a small =
camoflage-colored paint=20
can with the word Tamba written on it at stage #3 of the Having a Ball =
geocache=20
(GC20DC). Is there a connection? Does this count as a find? Johnny &amp; =
Eric,=20
Greensburg, PA</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#ff0000 face=3DArial size=3D2>This is the note that =
was left at=20
Having a Ball Cache</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>We went on a geocaching vacation in =
Phoenix for one=20
week. We thought that it would be a great way to see Arizona and we were =
not=20
disappointed. We found 23 of the 28 caches that we attempted. It was =
great fun=20
even when we were not successful. We had some really great adventures =
and saw a=20
lot of rocks and thorns. We really owe a debt of gratitude to the =
geocaching=20
community in Arizona for some great cache locations. Thank You! This was =
our=20
last find of the trip and our third find of the day. We had a bit of a =
strange=20
experience with this one. We found #1, #2, and #3 easily enough but we =
could not=20
continue because it was starting to get dark and we realized that there =
was no=20
way we could make the hike to the final cache. The odd thing is that we =
found=20
two containers at #3. I don't mean for this log to be a spoiler but =
there is no=20
other way to explain. One of them was a tupperware and the other was a =
small=20
camoflage-colored paint can with the word Tamba written on it. We =
wondered if=20
this was supposed to be the Tamba geocache which is supposed to be =
somewhere way=20
out in the desert on the other side of Wickenburg, 82.1 miles away! If =
so, the=20
coordinates are way off! We hope someone will offer us an explanation =
for this=20
mystery. Anyhow, We left a travel bug here at #3 since it was to be the =
final=20
cache our trip. The goal of this particular bug is to visit state high =
points=20
but we had to settle for a high point in a state capitol. We really hope =
that=20
somebody will be able to find him and send him on his way. We had great =
fun with=20
this cache. There were some really great views of Phoenix along the way. =
Thanks=20
again. Johnny &amp; Eric. Greensburg, PA</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT color=3D#ff0000>I am like stumped =
on this one=20
Since I have not done the having a ball cache yet has anyone else seen =
the=20
thismoving cache.... Dam I set one up to move and it sits in one place =
for=20
ever.... I have one that should sit still and it moves ....go=20
figure</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT =
color=3D#ff0000></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT color=3D#ff0000>Anyway I will go =
to the Tamba=20
cache this weeek it see if it is still were it belongs and either add =
more to=20
the puzzel or solve it</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT =
color=3D#ff0000></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT color=3D#ff0000>any idea's=20
folks</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT =
color=3D#ff0000></FONT></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><FONT=20
color=3D#ff0000>libby<BR><BR></DIV></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C18088.D3B13C40--