Re: [Az-Geocaching] Differences in caching difficulty rating…

Author: AZPAUL
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Differences in caching difficulty ratings (Was: Garmin 60CSX)
Debbie Austin and Brad Bittorf wrote:
> We had a lot of practice with the demons here in the Tucson area, and
> we went mostly non-stop over the weekend. We did run into a few new
> hide techniques that stumped us, especially east of Yuma. We found a
> lot of hides that seemed about a full point higher in difficulty than
> they would be if they were in Tucson. We saw a similar thing, though
> not quite as pronounced, when we were in Safford--they were ranked
> maybe 1/2 point more difficult than in Tucson for the same kind of hide.

There are a lot of caches that are under rated in Difficulty, in Tucson.
> The Tucson community has a lot of evil in them (I say that lovingly).
> Can't compare to Phoenix--we still haven't cached up there.

Phoenix has some really nasty caches also...
> We are using a Garmin GPSmap 60 with nRoute and Clayjar GPSWatcher on
> the laptop. Can't compare our GPSr to much else, ours seems a bit
> more stable than some of the Etrex units our friends have. We do seem
> to be wearing out either our cable or USB port with a lot of
> connect/disconnect cycles--not sure the cure for that.
> Brad, T9L

I have had the same problem with my 60c the usb port came undone from
the printed circut. Luckily it also has a serial port and I had a cable
left over from a 72 that I started caching with. The down loads are
slower, but it saved me from having to buy another gpsr.