Re: [Az-Geocaching] Am I missing something - Magellen 200s

+ (text/html)
Author: Loran Wilcox
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Am I missing something - Magellen 200s
The Explorist 100,200 and 300 are no good for serious caching as they have no data interface. The 400, 500, and 600 have a data interface but also have rechargable batteries so again if your like me and cache alot your batteries might just run dom.

I am now using an Explorist 210. This one they got pretty close on for caching. USB data cable for a very fast interface, regular AA batteries. and its mapping capable. And what I find as the best feature is multiple data sets files of 200 caches each with some of the cache info such as type, terrain, difficulty and my favorite when I am in a jam they also have the hints. Being that I may not know which dirrection my caching for a day will end up taking me sometimes I will load up to 5 sets of 200 waypoints with info. You will still need a palm for the full cache pages.

The only extra I would have wanted in backlit color screen , but you can't have it all.

Team Sand Dollar