Re: [Az-Geocaching] The Return of a legend

+ (text/html)
Author: Jake Olson
To: listserv
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] The Return of a legend
Actually... according to AZgeocaching.com's link to the Mr. Tata Head's
Adventures link, his adventures started 01-01-2001, and Moun10Bike's own
page lists his first release of a Moun10Bike coin as September 30, 2001.
That's pretty much 10 months difference between the two starting dates. The
only true difference is that the Moun10Bike coin was given special tracking
status on GC.com due to Moun10Bike's friendship with Jeremy. The Moun10Bike
coins came out about the same time as Jeremy got the idea for trackable
dogtags to be added to the sport. As a gesture of thanks for the support
Moun10Bike had given to the start of the Geocaching.com site, he was given a
special icon and his coins were made trackable on the site.

http://www.azgeocaching.com/mrtata/mrtata.html

http://www.switchbacks.com/gc_geocoins.html

If it were a closer time frame it could be in dispute, but 10 months is
quite a gap in time for the coins to go through the minting process.

Jake - Team A.I.